"SIC" (Standard Industrial Classification) is an industry code system developed by the US Government.
If you know the industry code:
- Type your SICs in the box.
- Individual 2-digit to 8-digit codes and code ranges are allowed.
- Separate code strings by commas, without spaces (example: 1234,5678,9012)
- Separate code ranges by hyphens, without spaces (example: 1234-5678)
- To get a broad range of companies within an industry sector, use 2-digit codes.
- To get more specific results for a sub-industry or line of business, use 6- or 8-digit codes.
If you don't know the industry code:
- Click "Browse the list of SIC codes."
- A Browse Industries window opens that lists all SICs.
- Put a check mark in the corresponding check box(es) to choose criteria.
- Click the "+" to show industry sub-categories.
- Click the "-" to hide industry sub-categories.
- Click "Add to Criteria."
- Selected industries appear in a list below the "Browse SIC codes" link.
- To delete an industry from the criteria list, click the "x" beside it. WARNING: Deleting check mark(s) on the Browse Industries window and clicking "Add to Criteria" does not remove criteria from Build A List.