"NAICS" (North American Industry Classification System) was jointly created by Canada, Mexico and the US in the 1990s.
If you know the industry code:
- Type your NAICSs in the box.
- Individual 2-digit to 6-digit codes and code ranges are allowed.
- Separate code strings by commas, without spaces (example: 123456,789012)
- Separate code ranges by hyphens, without spaces (example: 123456-789012)
- To get a broad range of companies within an industry sector, use 2-digit codes.
- To get more specific results for a line of business, use 6-digit codes.
If you don't know the industry code:
- Click "Browse the list of NAICS codes."
- A Browse Industries window opens that lists all NAICSs.
- Put a check mark in the corresponding check box(es) to choose criteria.
- Click the "+" to show industry sub-categories.
- Click the "-" to hide industry sub-categories.
- Click "Add to Criteria."
- Selected industries appear in a list below the "Browse NAICS codes" link.
- To delete an industry from the criteria list, click the "x" beside it. WARNING: Deleting check mark(s) on the Browse Industries window and clicking "Add to Criteria" does not remove criteria from Build A List.